A community event to celebrate local people and offer a chance to get together after distanced times.
Please come and join in with creating murals, sculpture, planters and painting skate ramps. Meet up with friends and neighbours for curry, cakes and chats. Try some exercise classes, a massage, make some kefir, do gardening, pottery and poetry workshops. The event will be covid safe and suitable for all ages, with skate demos and music into the evening organised with local young people.
For more information and details about the line up and facilitators, see Art Under the Flyover
We are running this event under current government coronavirus restrictions so please be mindful of distancing and bring a mask in case you need it https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
A big thanks to all the amazing people who are contributing their skills and equipment to make it happen:
- PYTCH, a Bristol based international events and visionary company, are providing power, sound and support to add a bit of class!
- Chris Tunstall of Move More Fitness will offer 30 minute free taster exercise sessions from 1.30-5.30pm, sign up on arrival
- A & K's Playground creative and imaginative workshops & events encouraging everyone to embrace play, no matter your age!
- Chai Shai Kitchen serving small food 'boats' at small prices- delicious and healthy vegetarian and vegan options 1-3.30pm & 5.30-7.30pm
- Every Good Thing a local fermentary enterprise normally based in wapping wharf are joining us to provide tasters and free kefir making workshops
- Gokin Bakes will be selling unbelievably good gluten free cakes with something for everyone
- Artists Anna Haydock-Wilson, Amy Hutchings, Mhairi Stuart, Joanna Espiner, Beckie Upton, Lauren Maria Hill and Tim Southall with original designs by Shelby x Studios are offering pottery, painting, planting and giant mosaic making.
- Bob Walton is running Acer Rubrum a drop in poetry workshop in the Maple Grove 2-4pm with a performance at 4.30pm
- Performance maker, Recession Gill who will be providing laughter and vintage clothes
- Sally Page of The Page Practice will offer 10 minute massages from 1.30-3.30pm
- And then she will transform into a band and play music from 5.30pm!
For more information see Art Under the Flyover