Council Cuts- the latest news is a big freeze

Councillors and the public were surprised to hear the announcement from the Mayor Rees last week that "all non-essential spending" in the Council has been stopped. We are told it will remain "until the council has firm plans for a balanced budget this year and next, along with a more developed five-year plan" We are told that the move means that all maintenance of buildings, roads and parks will stop unless there is a risk to people's health or safety. This includes budgets controlled by Neighbourhood Partnerships, including well-being grants, highways schemes, clean and green projects, or any other neighbourhood budget spend.’ Cllr Mark Wright for Cabot eNews mark.wright@bristol.gov.uk You can still have your say on the council’s Corporate Strategy until Thursday 5th January online her


Be the first to comment

How would you tag this suggestion?
Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.